Welcome to the City of Frankenmuth
It is our intent that this website will serve you, our residents and visitors. The site has been designed to be a useful and informative tool for answering questions concerning City operations and services. We hope you will find this an excellent and efficient way to communicate.
City Hall Closed for Thanksgiving
The City offices will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27. We will re-open on Monday, November 30, at normal business hours.
Like us on Facebook!
Last day for Fall Leaf Collection is Monday, November 23!
In order to make the collection as efficient as possible, please abide by the following:
- Limit piles to only leaves, garden and flower vegetation (remove all soil from the roots) can be placed along the curb. NO GRASS CLIPPINGS because they are too fine for this collection.
- All SOIL must be REMOVED from plant materials prior to being placed along the curb for pick-up.
- Remove all paper and other refuse material such as plastics from the leaves.
- Rake leaves into the street, at least 12 inches away from, but parallel to the curb. This will allow rain/storm water to properly run-off into catch basins.
- Leaf piles must not be over 18 inches in height and must be in a row. Leaf piles should be kept at least 25 feet from street intersections (corners).
The DPW is unable to collect leaves on City streets that do not have curbs and gutters. Residents are asked to either use the Tuesday yard waste collection program or make drop-off arrangements by calling City Hall at 989-652-9901.