Frankenmuth Fire Department Apparatus
- Engine/Tender-1 is a 2014 Rosenbauer, serving as the department's first due engine on almost every response.
- It carries 2,000 gallons of water and has a 2,000 GPM (Gallon Per Minute) pump.
- E-1 has a rear discharge chute that can deliver water on either side of the apparatus.
- This apparatus carries a hose, equipment, tools, and gear needed for a variety of tasks.
- Engine-2 is a 2002 Pierce.
- This engine is the department's second due on most responses, except motor vehicle incidents.
- It carries 1,000 gallons of water and features a 2,000 GPM pump.
- E-2 has a compressed air foam system (CAFS).
- Both engines carry 3,200 feet of hose and offer on scene lighting and six person cabs.
- Truck-3 is a 1997 Pierce.
- Behind the six person cab is a 200 gallon water tank and a 2,000 GPM pump.
- A 100 foot tower ladder with a platform sits above the truck.
- This apparatus can access hard to reach areas and is also used for technical rescues.
- It is one of only a few of its kind in the Saginaw & Tuscola county areas.
- Squad-4 is a 2008 Rosenbauer on a GMC Chassis.
- This apparatus is used as a squad unit and has seating for 10 firefighters.
- It can be used as a mobile command center and rehab area with its two refrigerators and bench seating.
- S-4 is equipped with an air bottle refilling system and a light tower that can be brought up at the sight of the fire.
- It also contains a variety of rescue equipment for ice/water rescues, traffic control equipment as well as hazmat and assistance to medical first responders.
- Tender-5 is a 1997 Ford/CSI truck.
- The main purpose of this apparatus is to haul 1,900 gallons of water to a scene.
- In areas without fire hydrants, the tender is one of the most important pieces of equipment.
- The three water chutes are located on the rear, and on the right and left sides, making for an easy delivery.
- A 385 GPM portable pump is also on this apparatus and comes in handy during brush fires for this unit can pump and roll.
- Utility-6 is a 2008 Polaris UTV 4x4 with a 90 gallon tank and a 100 GPM pump.
- The UTV is used mostly as a medical first responding unit for festivals/events, using the mounted stokes basket for the efficient removal of victims.
- This unit is also used for wildland fires as it is able to go through almost any type of terrain.
- Brush-7 is a 2005 Chevy/CSI 4x4 truck.
- This unit features a four person cab, a 200 gallon tank and a 225 GMP pump.
- It is equipped with brush fire gear, such as brooms, water packs, and several smaller hoses.
- In the front bumper of the truck are two nozzles that spray water in a “V” shape which can be used when the truck is moving.
- Marine-9 is a 2010 Mercury Heavy Duty 430-Hypalon Boat, equipped with a 25 hp Evinrude E-TEC motor.
- This boat is used for water rescue or hard to access areas along the river.
- Fits four firefighters and several victims.
- Also on board is a variety of equipment, including rope and netting.
Mobile Command Center
- Housed in Frankenmuth, the 33 ft. trailer is the Saginaw Co. Fire Chiefs Association's mobile command center.
- It is used for extended incidents and during extreme weather conditions for staging.
- From front to back the MCC has two restrooms on either side, a command center with desks, radios and maps and a rehabilitation section with a sink, refrigerator, coffee maker and televisions.