Summer Fire Safety
Summer is almost here. Many schools have already released students for the summer break. Make sure your community knows that fire does not take a summer break. Share these fire safety messages to remind children and their caregivers to have a fire safe summer
- Make a home fire escape plan and practice it at least twice a year with your children.
- Have a fire escape plan for young children who cannot get outside by themselves. Talk about who will help each child get out safely.
- Children should know what to do when they hear a smoke alarm and there is no adult around. Help them practice going to an outside meeting place.
- Teach children to never go back inside a building that is on fire.
- Keep children 3 feet away from anything that can get hot.
- Keep smoking materials locked up in a high place.
- Never play with lighters or matches when you are with your children.
Information thanks to the U.S. Fire Administration
Are You Attending NFPA's Annual Conference and Expo in Las Vegas?
Are you headed to Las Vegas for the NFPA Annual Conference June 11-14? If so, stop by USFA's booth #607.
Also, new this year, NFPA will have a Fire Prevention Week booth. Stop by to see all of the new materials supporting the 2018 theme. The booth is located next to NFPA's main booth in the Expo Center.
Did You Know?
USFA has a Youtube Channel. Subscribe and be informed of all their new uploads.