"Building a Recruit Class Starts With You!"
The Frankenmuth Police Department is recruiting for the position of Reserve Police Officer. Our department is looking for qualified individuals of all ages and backgrounds to become part of the best team of Reserve Police Officers in Michigan. If you possess the skills and qualities we are looking for, the time to begin your recruitment is now!
Because of the intensive process of hiring the right people for the job and the lengthy training process, the department hires and recruits just once per year. Recruiting officers accept and review applications year round. Our hiring process is conducted over the following basic timeline each year:
- April thru September - Recruiting and review of applications
- September - Formal Interviews and selection
- Late September thru October - Background investigations
- Late October - Final Interview and conditional offers sent, Academy Orientation
- November thru April (the following year) - Recruits attend academy
- April - Recruits complete training and graduate
To qualify for the position, each applicant must meet the following minimum standards:
- Be 18 years of age
- Must have graduated high school. College or military experience a plus
- Good physical and mental health
- Must have a valid State of Michigan Drivers License
- A background free of criminal behavior and negative traffic history
- Good credit history
- Must live in Saginaw, Bay, Tuscola, or Genesee counties year round
- Must make a full commitment to the Reserve Training Academy (260 hours)
- Must be able to commit to a minimum 10 hours per month on road patrol and 5 mandatory detail events per year
The Application Process
Any position of employment begins with the application. This is your basic first impression to be made to our recruiting staff. It shows your ability to follow instructions and shows their interest in our department. Your application is a direct reflection of you and should tell us why we should hire you, above all others applying!
To begin, download the printable copy of our application, and carefully look it over completing each area. The final step is to submit your application to our department. The information below should be able to guide you through this process.
FPD Reserve Police Officer Application
Submitting Your Application:
Applications may be delivered in person to our front desk or sent by mail:
Frankenmuth Police Department
C/O: Reserve Division Recruiting
218 W. Genesee
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
We also accept applications via Email. You may attach a completed and scanned copy and submit it to our email address:
Should you have questions about our application process, our department or Reserve Unit, you may contact us by email. Our recruiting staff will return your inquiry within 12 to 24 hours.