Pedestrian safety is both the driver and pedestrian's responsibility.
City Traffic Study Results: July 15 - July 28 2020 on Cass/Main St
- 10% of cars were over the 30 MPH speed limit
- 986 cars were going over 35 MPH
Safety tips for Pedestrians:
- Make eye contact with drivers, so you know they see you and they know you see them.
- Always be cautious and pay attention to traffic, as drivers may sometimes disobey traffic signals or not be able to stop due to weather conditions.
- Use designated crossing points and obey pedestrian traffic signs and signals.
- Look left, right, and left again before stepping off the curb.
- If you are walking at night or in poor weather, wear bright reflective clothing.
- Do not step onto the roadway until ALL vehicles have stopped moving.
- Watch for left turning and right turning vehicles.
- Never Jaywalk
- Stop at the curb or road edge and cross when the street is clear.
Safety tips for drivers:
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Be aware of pedestrians who appear indecisive or inattentive.
- Be alert of vehicles stopped in the lane next to yours. They may be yielding for a pedestrian.
- Be aware of pedestrians still attempting to cross the street on a flashing orange pedestrian signal.
- Watch out for pedestrians when backing up your vehicle.
- Always be alert for pedestrians, especially at intersections.
Complete Streets Plan
City of Frankenmuth Pedestrian Safety
Pedestrian Safety for Kids
90 Minute AARP Workshop
Winter Driving Safety
Pedestrian and Driver Tips
Snow Driving Tips