The Frankenmuth Fire Department was formed in 1904 and has proudly served the Frankenmuth Community since its inception. The Department is owned jointly by the City of Frankenmuth and Frankenmuth Township. The Department covers 42 square miles which includes Frankenmuth City, Frankenmuth Township, and a portion of neighboring Tuscola Township. 8,500 residents and over 2 million visitors a year are protected by the Department.
We are a volunteer department with 30 members. We have mutual aid agreements with all of Saginaw County and portions of Tuscola County. The department averages 100 or more runs a year. In-house training is held twice monthly along with a monthly business meeting. The department also participates in the many community activities and festivals held each year in Frankenmuth (one of Michigan’s top tourist destinations).
The department runs out of one station located at 210 West Genesee Street in the City of Frankenmuth. The station houses a meeting and training room, offices, kitchen, garage space for the department’s 6 vehicles, and a hose tower.