Construction to start April 30 on Junction Road
The Junction Road Transmission Main and Dehmel Road water main project, originally slated to begin on April 23, is now postponed until April 30 due to weather conditions. The project will begin on the south side of Junction Road at West Tuscola Road. The water main will proceed east on the south side of Junction, generally between the shoulder and the ditch. The work will extend to Dehmel Road and then head south on Dehmel Road extending to Tuscola Road. Generael construction details are provided below:
- Project working hours will be from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday through Thursday and from 7 am to 3 pm on Friday. No weekend work is expected unless a water main break occurs. Although delays will be likely, there will no detour on Junction Road except for trucks. Alternate routes will be posted.
- A single lane closure will cover the work zone area (which will move east on Junction as the project progresses). Traffic control will remain in place 24 hours a day, except that it will be taken down at 3 pm on Fridays and reinstalled early Monday mornings.
- When construction on Dehmel is underway, Dehmel Road will be completely closed to through traffic.
- Contractors and inspectors will coordinate and notify homeowners in advance of driveway disturbances. The contractor will compact and backfill the driveways with a gravel surface. When the project is complete, the contractor will reconstruction driveways to their original condition (gravel to gravel, asphalt to asphalt, etc.).
- Any mailboxes that must be removed will be reinstalled by the end of the day.
- Any areas disturbed during construction or right of way areas used for temporary storage will be restored to their original or better condition at the end of the project.
- Trash and recycling should operate as regularly scheduled.
- It is possible that a water main break may occur during construction. If necessary breaks will be repaired until the new main is in service.