Hund Platz (German for Dog Park)
A playground for your dog to exercise and have fun!
This is a ½ acre fenced area that is designated for dogs to run off-leash. Built in 2006, and completely funded by donations, the dog park is located in Memorial Park on E. Tuscola Rd., approximately ½ mile east of Main St. In the park there are benches and dog agility equipment. Visitors should bring their own water.
We are still accepting donations towards improvements to the dog park. If you are interested in donating, please click here.
Dog Park Rules
NO ATTENDANT ON DUTY
- Dog owners are solely liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park and dog owners must have a leash in their possession at all times.
- Dogs must be off leash while inside the park.
- Dog owners must be in the park and within view and voice contact of their dogs at all times. Unattended dogs will be removed by Animal Control.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by the dog owner.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park and dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from park immediately.
- No female dogs in heat permitted in park.
- No choker chain or prong collars permitted inside the park.
- No dogs under four (4) months of age permitted in the park.
- No more than three and/or small children per handler allowed.
- No food, treats, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, strollers, bicycles, or children's toys allowed in the park.
- No children under 12 without close adult supervision.
- No animal other than dogs are permitted in the park.
- All dogs must be legally licensed, vaccinated, and wear tags.
- Dog owners must immediately fill holes dug by their dog.
- Park gates must be closed and latched at all times.
Users of this park do so at their own risk. The City of Frankenmuth shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in this park.